Manual Export PMS Opera
To enable a smooth setup of PMI and import of history from Opera we ask you to pull the following files and send them over to d2o:
Res_statistic 1 (see description below) – this file can be run once (1 time) and should have the date range of 1st of January 2017 to yesterday.
Trial Balance (see description below) – this file needs to be pulled per day for historic days, i.e. we need 365 files per year. We need the files from 1st of January 2017 up to yesterday.
Please save all files to your computer and then send them to email@example.com
To make it a bit easier you should send Trial Balance for a full month in one mail. Meaning you should send 12 mails for 2017.
Please mark your mail with your property name and make sure you have your contact details in the mail signature.
Report 1: Reservation Statistics 1 (res_statistics1)
1. Go to Miscellaneous and choose Reports
2. Enter reservation in the Report field and click on Search.
3. Choose the report Reservations Statistics 1 (REP name should be res_statistics1)
4. Click on Print to file
5. The file format should be DELIMITED DATA (not just delimited, but check that it says delimited data)
6. Click on OK
7. From Date should be yesterdays date
8. Under “Options”, choose Market Code
9. Click on File
10. Click on Save
11. Choose disc, say: Q:\ (NB: disc and folder may be different – check property specific instructions)
12. Enter the file name restat.txt
13. Click on Save
Historic reservation data
Since there is a need for a 12-month worth of historic reservation data, this report is also often used for this purpose. An example: if PMI is to go live (i.e. be ready for business use) on Jun. 1st 2012, the historical revenue data load needs to consist of values pertaining to Jun. 1st 2011 (“From” – ref. step 7 above) up until and including May 31st 2012 (“To” – ref. step 7 above).
Report 2: Reservation Forecast, (res_forecast)
1. Back in the report overview, choose Reservations Forecast (REP name should be res_forecast1)
2. Click on OK
3. From date should be today’s date. To date should be 12 months ahead
E.g. If today is the 12th of September 2012, then “From Date” should be “12.09.2012” (or 09.12.12 in US mm.dd.yy date format) and “To Date” should be 11.09.2013″ (or 09.11.13 US mm.dd.yy format). You can also type in the date directly instead of using the calendar
4. Under Reservation types, check Block
5. Under Options, check Market Code
6. Click on File
7. Click on Save
8. Choose disc: I:\ and the folder PMI Agent Outbox (NB: disc and folder may be different – check property specific instructions)
9. Enter the filename resfct.txt
10. Click on Save
The Reservation Forecast report cannot be run in the past. It is a snapshot of future booking pace from today’s date and forward.
Report 3A: Trial Balance (trial_balance)
1. Back in the report overview, write trial in the Report field and click on Search
2. Choose Trial Balance (REP name should be trial_balance)
3. Click on OK
4. The date should be yesterdays date, click on File
5. Click on Save
6. Choose disc: J:\nightrun (NB: disc and folder may be different – check property specific instructions)
7. Enter the filename trial_balance.txt
8. Click on Save
Export of historic revenue data
Since there is a need for a 12-month worth of historic revenue data, this report is also often used this purpose.
Unless the daily export files are available and ready for re-use for PMI historic data purpose, the limitation is that a date “From” and “To” range cannot be defined on this particular report in Opera. Therefore, the report would need to be run 365 times – one per day to get a revenue file for each day – 12 months back in time.
An example: if PMI is to go live (i.e. be ready for business use) on Jun. 1st 2012, the historical revenue data load needs to consist of values pertaining to Jun. 1st 2011 up until and including May 31st 2012.
Report 3B: Alternative to 3A Trial Balance following Daily Revenue (HB) can also be used
1. On the main menu Opera, choose Back Office Interfaces
2. Click on Revenue Transfer
3. Enter relevant accounting date to be exported
4. Click Start
(The data will be automatically exported to a file normally named as hb_statYYYMMDD.txt)