Data Elements required from TKS
What data do we need from your Time Keeping System (TKS)?
The purpose of recording hours in PMI is to keep track of paid hours incurred and paid hours planned/scheduled to be incurred per department/operational unit (e.g. Housekeeping, Front Office, Breakfast etc.).
The data need to be extracted daily. Each extract need to encompass yesterday including 30 days back in time and schedule hours today including minimum 45 days ahead (preferably more if that exists).
|#||PMI data element (target)||Description||Mandatory / Optional||Comment|
|1||Property Name||Name of the property (hotel, restaurant)||M||The name of the hotel/property.|
|2||Property ID||ID of the property (hotel, restaurant)||O||This is an ID that uniquely identify your property within a chain or group.|
|3||Department Name||Name of the department within the property||M||Functional area within the operations where staff is assigned, i.e. where hours can incur. It is also commonly called cost centre or profit centre. Please consider question number 1 below (Things to consider).|
|4||Department ID||ID of the department within the property||O||Related ID to the department name element above.|
|5||Date||Working date (timesheet)||M||On which the hours incur or scheduled to incur.|
|6||TimeCategory Name||Name of the time category (e.g. Fixed Salary, Absence)||M||In PMI, we are only concerned with hours that are paid for.
These hours will be categorised as productive or non-productive hours. Productive time is hours spent as part of normal operations, while non-productive time is hours spent on other things. e.g., sick leave, training, etc.
|7||TimeCategory ID||ID of the time category||M||This could be a system generated unique ID for the different Categories Names above.|
|8||JobCategory Name||Name of the job category (e.g. Servers, Managers)||O||In a department there is often different roles. e.g in Housekeeping you typically have Housekeeping Manager, Assistant Manager, Cleaner etc, whereas in Front Office you typically have Front Office Manager, Service Manager, Supervisors, Receptionists etc. It is commonly called Position.|
|O||This could be a system generated unique ID for the different Job Categories/roles above.|
|10||Staff FirstName||First name of the staff (employee)||O||Not required (hours are imported at aggregated level, not individual staff level).|
|11||Staff LastName||Last name of the staff (employee)||O||Not required (hours are imported at aggregated level, not individual staff level).|
|12||Staff ID||ID of the staff (employee)||O||Not required (hours are imported at aggregated level, not individual staff level).|
|13||Hours||Number of worked hours (on the timesheet)||M||Number of incurred or scheduled hours, considering all the descriptions above. E.g. if a normal working day consists of 8,5 hours with 30 minutes lunch break we are only interested in 8 hours.|
|14||Approved||If the hours are approved or not||O||All paid hours need to be include with “Approved” and “Not Approved” flag included.|
|15||Employment Type||Distinguishing hours between fixed and non-fixed employment / Contract||M||Fixed hours = permanent full time + permanent part time* + temporary
Non-fixed = casual + permanent part time *Fixed hours represent monthly fixed salary cost, while non-fixed hours represent variable cost (varies from month to month).
Key clarification on the use of TKS:
The following questions will be addressed during the discussion on how the integration should be set up.
- If a staff belonging in one department and performing a task for another department, will the hours be recorded accordingly in TKS, i.e against two separate departments codes?
- What time categories will be extracted? Examples? (See point 6 above)
- What job categories will be extracted? Examples? (See point 8 above)
- In PMI we need all hours recorded imported everyday. Does your extract support this, or is it restricted to only “approved” hours?
- In PMI we need to also separate future/planned/schedule hours between productive and non productive (e.g vacation, training) “tasks”. Does your system support such separation?
- If the data cannot be provided trough Webservice or API, the extract should be divided into two files; one with Actual (yesterday minus 30 days) and the other with Scheduled/Planned (today plus 45 days).
How will the data be transferred daily from your TKS to PMI:
There are basically three options in the following order:
- Webservices/API. If your system offers such service, please provide access information/credentials.
- SFTP client. You upload the daily extract to d2o server. Credentials will be provided by d2o.
- FTP/SFTP server. If your systems offer such service, please provide access information/credentials.
If the options above cannot be accommodated, we could discuss other methods.